Sunday 21 August 2011

Dying Star



Dying it is sinking
to fall on mother earth
As I make a wish
unaware of the reality
There’s a question ringing around
How How How ?
How can a “DYING STAR” make my wish true.



True! Isn’t it?                                                                                 
But I remember how sitting on the terrace I used
to count the uncountable stars waiting one to fall
onto my lap. 
But time has elapsed and so has the outlook towards old granny’s secret beliefs.


Oh! heavenly stars come down to me as my wish to meet
my eyes glittering under this grey sky,
twinkling to make a wish.
A dying star to gift me a new life,
a messenger from the heaven to bless me with a new life,
life of a twinkling star.


Year after year
again the same hearth
with the old tattered terrace;                                                       
up as I see a full moon. 
But oh! 
where are the stars?
I see the street light
I feel the breeze
I can hear the halla-balloo
of the marriage procession,
firecrackers booming up in the sky.



But where is my “DYING STAR” in the
“dead sky” above; I see none.
And I make a wish to
the dead sky to return
my dying star so that
I can ask for my grandmother
back from heaven.


WHERE ARE YOU MY “dying star”?

No comments:

Post a Comment